Wednesday, April 10, 2013

daY TEn



...a un-love poem...

Sitting at the top of the staircase
I imagine my life without you
What life would have been had we never crossed paths.
I wonder if my dreams would be different.
Would my prayers include you even though I wouldn't know
who you are?
I am curious if you would look for a girl with green eyes
and long hair, thick lips and thighs or if the girl you would find
would be very different.
Would she be tall and slender?
Athletic?
I imagine quiet afternoons with no children
and my fingers tapping on the faded letters of my keyboard
writing things that I don't think.
Experiences that I never had unable to press out of my fingertips
existing in a world without you.
And without the things that have molded my poetry into
this.
Standing on soapboxes with scratchy microphones in
darkened rooms
Reciting poetry with too many lines
As if you never even existed

© Ginger Galloway 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment