Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 9

Day 9
Today's offering to the poetry gods is a comparison and perhaps a contrast in two inherent different and yet eerily the similar parts within you.

MIND AND HEART

My mind is whirling like my old, dust choked "wind machine".
Sucking air from everywhere.

Similar to the freeway when you drive too fast with the windows down at night.
I need to feel like I am going somewhere fast.

Moving.
Even when I'm lying alone in bed at night.

My heart is like a rough draft of a poem or a song.
Incomplete and balled in your hands.

A crumpled sphere of craving, confusion and impetuosity.
The trash people wearing orange suits pick up in the landscaping next to the freeway.

Copyright Celena Diana Bumpus


Creative Commons License
Mind And Heart by Celena Diana Bumpus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://mevoj.blogspot.com/2013/05/napowrimo-day-9.htmll.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://mevoj.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment