Friday, April 5, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 4

Rough and rugged.  Unedited and raw.  It comes with an enigmatic smile.
CelenaDiana
 


NaPoWriMo Day 4


POISED

I pull my new black stillettos
from my tossed blue duffle
in the other room
slip them onto my bare feet
then walk into the main room
there is a metal stool
in the center of the room
light flanks me
from all sides

Leaning forward over the stool
I arch
my back a bowed curve
long legs stretched
left knee slightly bent
bracing my right arm
against the cool metal
of the seat
I peer over my right shoulder
hair falling
in a dark auburn wave
over my left eye

Smiling enigmatically
I stand silent for a moment

Still silent
I take my right hand
twist my arm above my shoulder
touch the spot
between my shoulder blades
tilt my chin upwards
only my profile in view now
hair held in the bend of my elbow
delicate chin
high cheekbone
tiny ears
curved forehead
short lashes
small nose
full lips
same enigmatic smile
poised

After several moments
I laugh
kick off my high heels
pick up my camera
and gesture to the chair
See how easy it is?
I say to my wide eyed friend

©2013 Celena Diana Bumpus

Composed in silence



For a complete listing of my poems for the month of April 2013 entitled:
UNDER MY SCARF, BENEATH MY HAIR AND BEHIND MY GLASSES
(because who knows what mysteries lie there):
A COLLECTION
which will be updated daily.  Simply click on the titles to discover the poem and more.



This work by Celena Diana Bumpus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.mevoj.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.mevoj.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment